If you want to improve your smile without the inconvenience of metal braces, Invisalign offers a subtle but effective teeth-straightening solution. This modern method for straightening teeth relies on clear aligners that are developed for each individual client. The aligners are almost invisible, making them the ideal alternative to metal braces for professionals and young adults who want to perfect their smile without feeling awkward about their appearance.
Preferred Invisalign® Expertise
Stanley Siu, DDS has been a preferred provider for Invisalign in San Francisco since 2008. Over the past 5 years, he has developed a high-level of expertise and experience with this advanced teeth-straightening process.
For patients visiting at our offices in San Francisco, the Invisalign process begins with an initial consultation. During your visit, Dr. Siu will conduct an assessment to ensure that the process will be suitable for your unique needs. He will take into account your medical history and the current condition of your teeth. Dr. Siu will also take photographs of your teeth that will help you to visualize the changes in your smile as they will occur over the course of treatment.
What kind of bite problems can Invisalign® correct?
Invisalign® corrects the same dental problems as traditional metal braces; the only difference is that Invisalign® trays are almost invisible to the naked eye, and can be removed at will. The following dental issues can be treated with Invisalign®:
• Overcrowding – This occurs when there is too little space for the teeth to align normally in the mouth. Overcrowding can cause tooth decay and increase the likelihood of gum disease.
• Large gaps between teeth – This can sometimes occur because teeth are missing or because the jaw continues to grow abnormally.
• Crossbite – This common dental problem occurs when one or multiple upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth. As a consequence, uneven wear can lead to bone erosion and gum disease.
• Overbite – This problem occurs when the upper teeth project further than, or completely cover, the lower teeth. Eventually, jaw pain and TMJ may occur.
• Underbite – This is the inverse of the overbite; the lower teeth project further than, or completely cover, the upper teeth. Eventually, jaw pain and TMJ can occur.
Convenient and Effective
Invisalign is hygienic and convenient. It fits in with your lifestyle, ensuring that your friends, family, and colleagues will barely notice that you are undergoing a teeth straightening procedure. Because the aligners can be removed prior to eating, you can continue to enjoy all of your favorite foods; you do not need to worry that particles of food will become trapped in brackets or wires. The aligners can also be removed to allow you to brush and floss your teeth as you normally would. The aligners themselves can be brushed using a toothbrush or cleaned with the Invisalign cleaning kit.
For patients who are keen on contact sports, Invisalign will not slow you down. If you need to wear a mouth guard, simply remove the aligners and you are ready to go. You need not worry about sharp metal edges cutting or bruising your cheeks and gums in your active or everyday life.
If you would like to find out more about straightening your smile with our San Francisco Invisalign, contact us today to arrange an initial consultation.